Monday 27 January 2014

Five hand-woven cashmere scarves

I have just returned home after spending four days with my son in Albany followed by four-weeks house sitting my daughter's house in Mandurah.  I managed to borrow a four-shaft floor loom to take to Mandurah to keep busy indoors on those hot summer days.  Being back home now I can show you the five cashmere scarves that I hand wove during my house sitting days.
I have used five of the six hand-dyed cashmere yarns shown in an earlier post.  Each scarf is nominally 1800mm x 200mm with a weight of 80g.  The colours in order are Fern, Sarsparilla, Citrus, Sky and Daisy.  As an added interest a different pattern has been used for each scarf.  They are all luxuriously soft, and all in eye-catching colours.










They will probably be on my stall at Perth Upmarket at UWA on Sunday 9 March unless added to my stock on display at Aspects of Kings Park.

No comments: