Sunday 6 October 2019

Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn woven scarves

After spring and summer, what comes next? Autumn of course, and would you believe, as I wove my latest two scarves I was taken back to our Harvest Festivals in the Methodist church I attended in my youth.  The golden browns of the ripe wheat together with the reds and greens of the apples in the baskets of fruit, and the colours of all the other harvested products, came back to me as I wove.  Well, what did I expect using the multicoloured Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn #S418 (40%wool, 25% silk, 25% polyamide, 10% mohair) on a champagne coloured Tailored Strands 100% Australian alpaca.  The bands of colour from the Noro yarn on the "ripe wheat" alpaca colour certainly made an impact on me.
If you are interested the scarves are 1820mm x 200mm and weigh 144g.  See them soon at Aspects of Kings Park or The Artisan Store Fremantle.








No comments: