Wednesday 15 January 2020

Noro Silk Garden Sock and Australian Alpaca handwoven scarves

What shall I do today?  Weave 2 scarves.
What fibre shall I use?  Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn with 40% wool, 25% silk, 25% polyamide, 10% mohair.
What colour shall I use?  Colour S426, which gives stripped bands of greens, blues, orange, reds, etc.
And for the warp?  Let's use a mocha coloured 100% Australian alpaca yarn from Tailored Strands.
How about a pattern?  How about that one with pseudo circles and wavy chevrons.
After all this thought I got started, and guess what?  Two striking scarves with multiple coloured bands of colour on a dark background.  Looks good, feels good.
They are also a good size being 1840mm x 200mm and weighing 147g.  See them soon at Aspects of Kings Park or The Artisan Store Fremantle.
Now I have to go through the same thought processes all over again for my next project!








No comments: