Sunday 9 February 2020

Noro Kureopatora handwoven scarf

Left-overs?  I remember them well!  My mum always put the left-overs from the dinner the previous evening on the table together with that evenings freshly cooked dinner.  Well, as we always ate the left-overs before tackling that days dinner we could not finish all todays food.  So, you guessed it, left-overs for tomorrow.  Consequently I can never throw away left-over yarns from my weaving projects.
Having hand-woven several different colours of a Noro Kureopatora 100% woollen yarns, I had quite a collection of left-overs.  These have now been hand-woven on a teal coloured  100% Australian alpaca yarn from Tailored Strand.  The various striping coloured bands from the Noro wool in two amazing patterns have given me two colourful scarves.  And a bonus they are long, being 1900mm x 185mm and weighing 142g.
See them soon at Aspects of Kings Park or The Artisan Store Fremantle depending upon stock movements.








No comments: