Saturday 26 March 2022

Sunflower colours for Jenny

 Looking through my stock of yarns for something to weave I discovered enough of two colours of cotton yarns to make two scarves.  I was a bit hesitate as the colours were yellow and a golden brown, not popular colours.  I decided on a solid yellow scarf and one a mixture of the two colours.  The enjoyment of weaving is watching the colours and patterns evolve before your eyes - two beautiful bright coloured scarves which reminded me of fields of sunflowers.  Sorry, but the colours have not photographed correctly, they are real sunflower colours in reality.  Sadly, at the completion of weaving the scarves I heard of the passing of my "little girl cousin", or she was when we were growing up on the Isle of Wight; a very special lifelong person to me and my family.

Jenny, these two scarves are so precious, and a memory of you.  I will post them to your daughter and soon-to-be daughter-in-law on the Island.

RIP Jenny









No comments: