Saturday 5 January 2013

Aster and black handwoven cashmere fabric

Since returning from an European river cruise in late November, early December, I have hand-woven two lengths of cashmere fabric.  One is in a hand-dyed aster colour and is 1640mm x 380mm and weighs 146g.  The aster colour has a bit more mauve in it than shown in the photos.
The second is in the same pattern but I have used a black weft with the aster coloured warp.  This piece is 1630mm x 370mm and weighs 133g.  The pattern gives two different appearances on both sides of the fabric.

These two pieces are going to be made into an interesting garment which will appear in a later blog.


HELP:  I am not able to download photos to this blog from my own computer.  What has changed in Blogger?  I found I could upload using Google Chrome but not Microsoft Explorer!

No comments: